Visit Devonport will only collect personal or business information from advertisers which are necessary for our business functions and activities, or to comply with legal or regulatory obligations. We will collect your information by lawful and fair means and store it securely in our database with your consent. Depending on your relationship with us, this information may include, but is not limited to, your name, address, phone number, email address, company and demographic information.
Use of your personal or business information
We will use personal and business information for the primary purpose for which it was collected. Depending on your relationship with us, the information we collect may be used for the following purposes:
- To provide you with information about Visit Devonport and the products and services of organisations that we list on the site
- To track how the Visit Devonport website is used and to identify key trends and demographics
- For our research, so that we can improve our services and tailor them to better suit your needs
- To customise the information you receive from the Visit Devonport site
- To offer safe and simple use of our website
- To communicate with you, by e-mail or otherwise, in connection with competitions, subscribing, other information or offers
- To offer you marketing and advertisements, possibly from third parties, which we think you will find interesting
- To fix system errors and for support services
- To identify you and assist you to subscribe to our services
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal or business information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. However, we may share aggregated, anonymous information regarding site usage and trends with our advertisers or third parties. This information will not be linked back to you.
Updating your personal or business information
Whether you are an advertiser or a subscriber, if you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please email us at: email@example.com so that we can update your details.
If you would like to unsubscribe to newsletters or any promotional emails or material from Visit Devonport, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org and we will remove you from our database.
We will take all reasonable steps to protect your personal and business information, and to safeguard that information from misuse and loss, as well as unauthorised access, modification
and disclosure. However, whilst we will do our best to protect your security, unfortunately no information sent over the internet can be 100% secure and we cannot guarantee the security of any pages are being used and which links to other websites are being clicked. This helps us to analyse data about web page traffic and to tailor the site to our customers’ needs. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you have chosen to share with us. Cookies are a feature of your Internet browser and may be disabled by you under your browser settings. However, this may prevent you from taking full advantage of the Visit Devonport website as a result.
Links to other websites
Updating this policy
We may change our policy from time to time by updating this page. We recommend that you check back regularly to ensure that you are aware of any changes. We also recommend that you review our Terms and Conditions for use of the VISIT DEVONPORT website.
This policy was amended on August 2014.
For any enquires regarding privacy, please address them to Visit Devonport, PO Box 32121, Devonport, Auckland 0744 or email us at: email@example.com